You Are Here: Home Page | Utility Assistance
We work with local Churches and governmental agencies to help you meet your basic food and utility needs. Feel free to click on the link below to download a copy of our assistance application. This will help expedite your case intake. Please call 231-258-0060
(ext. 2) to schedule an appointment.
For assistance with Heating Fuel and Electric/Natural Gas Shut-offs
The following documentation is necessary to process an application for emergency services:
Financial assistance is available because of many dedicated volunteers. How might you be able to help others facing financial challenges?
Please complete the form and bring it with you when you meet with our Client Services Coordinator.
- Proof of ALL current GROSS household income for the past month including wages, tips, Social Security, Pension, FIP Grant, child support and unemployment
- Social Security numbers for all household members including minor children
- Michigan photo ID for all members over the age of 18
- Current past due/shut off statement (original)
- Name, address and account number of deliverable fuel company
- 20% co-pay of the amount requested
- Print out the assistance application ahead of time to help expedite your request